The Australia Award Scholarship is actually a long-term award that is usually administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The primary aim of this scholarship is to contribute to the development needs of Australian partner countries that are in line with the bilateral and regional agreements.
The Australian Awards Scholarship helps in providing opportunities for people from developing countries, most especially those countries that are located in the Indo-pacific region, to help them undertake full-time undergraduate or post-graduate studies at any participating Australian university and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) Institution.
The study and research opportunities that this scholarship offers will help in providing the required knowledge for individuals to drive change and bring about development in their respective countries.
Why you should Apply for Australia Award Scholarship
Do you actually want to be a leader in your own field and forge ahead to make a difference? Then this scholarship is the right fit for you. The Australian scholarship provides it, candidates, with the opportunity to actually gain internationally recognized qualifications from an Australian institution.
The scholarship includes all the required and necessary support and funding that will help you complete your studies. Without a doubt, your career will certainly benefit from this new knowledge that will be gained as a result of this scholarship.
You will gain leadership skills and the required connections or links that you will create, both in Australia and also through the Australia Global Alumni network.
When you return home, you will be able to make some vital contributions to the economic and social development of your home country.
The application process is quite transparent and very much competitive, which helps in providing equal amount of opportunities to all eligible applicants, regardless of their gender and ethnicity.
The benefit of Australian Awards Scholarship
The Australian Award scholarship are usually offered for the minimum period that is necessary for the individual to actually complete their academic program that is been specified by the Australian higher education institution and preparatory training. The benefit of this scholarship is actually outlined below:
- Complete and Full tuition fee.
- Return air travel payment of a single return, an economy class airfare to and from Australia through a direct route.
- An establishment allowance, at least once only payment as a contribution towards the following, accommodations, expenses, books, and study materials.
- Contribution to living expenses, this is actually a fortnightly contribution to some basic living expenses that is been paid at a rate that is determined by the department.
- An introductory academic program is actually a compulsory program that comes prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia.
- This scholarship helps to oversee the student’s health cover for the duration by which the award (this is for award holders only), this benefit is provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical cost (with exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English fees, if it is been deemed necessary, then this benefit will be made available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- This scholarship also provides supplementary academic supports that may be available to ensure the scholar’s academic success and also help in enhancing their academic experience.
- This scholarship also covers for fieldwork which includes research awards and master’s course work which actually has a research component where fieldwork is mandatory. This may actually be eligible for research students for one return economy class airfare through the most direct route to their countries of citizenship or that is actually within the shores of Australia.
The applicants that actually want the Australian Awards scholarship just as well sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia, declaring that they will certainly comply with all the terms and conditions of the scholarships.
Applicants are actually required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after they’ve completed their scholarship program. If they fail to do this, it will result in the scholarship incurring debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarships.
How to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships
Before you move ahead to apply for this prestigious scholarship, we will suggest that you do the following:
- Be sure to actually check the opening and the closing dates for your country and choose your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for any specific information or eligibility, priority areas, and how to actually apply.
- If you actually intend to apply, you must as well read the Australia Awards Scholarship policy. This is a handbook that helps in providing information that includes the general eligibility requirement, the selection processes, entitlement, and responsibilities. Keep in mind that the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may actually revise and also update the handbook at any given time without notice.
- Some countries will encourage and also allows you to actually apply online while others will require an application that is hard-copy.
To apply online, you will have to visit the Online Australia Scholarship information system. When you actually register online, you will be required to answer some questions that will help in establishing your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, a username, and a password.
Applicants do not need to actually submit their applications immediately. They can actually set it up as a draft application form and then update it later and their supporting document until the designated closing date as on the relevant participating country profile.
Once an application has been submitted by the applicant, the application cannot be changed. We will suggest that the applicants that are applying online to do so well before the closing date.
Applying by Mail
Applicants that are unable to submit their application online can actually do so by mail. You can as well check for your participating country profile for contact details to actually obtain a hardcopy application form and any other required template such as referee reports (if that will be applicable).