The Erasmus Mundus scholarship program is a program that actually supports European top-quality Master Courses which helps in enhancing the visibility and the attractiveness of European higher education in third countries and developing countries.
The wait is actually over; this prestigious scholarship is now open for application. The Erasmus Scholarship catalog has been updated for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is actually a program for International students. A Masters’s and Ph.D. degree scholarship to study in different European Universities of Europe, all the required expenses will be covered under this scholarship. No GRE is required, candidates do not need to contact the professor. Students that are awaiting their results can also apply.
Last year, the number of scholarship that was allocated to international student was 2,450, however, this year; they will be supporting 2756 scholars.
More About Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program
This scholarship is without a doubt one of the most prestigious scholarships in Europe in almost every field. There is no requirement for previous work experience. Students will study each semester in different countries and in different universities and will also be allowed to do a part-time internship as training in different countries.
The duration of this scholarship is 2 years for the MS.c program and 3 years duration for a Doctoral program. The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is actually open to any citizen from any part of the world. Students applying for this scholarship do not need to take any English proficiency test.
According to some very reliable sources, Erasmus actually chooses the highest number of students. Let’s go deeper into the full information about this scholarship and how you actually apply for it.
Details About Erasmus Scholarship 2022-2023
- Scholarship Country: Europe, and other Countries.
- Funded By: European Commission
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Degree Level: Masters and PhD
Benefits of the Erasmus Scholarship
- The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is a fully funded all-expense-paid and covered scholarship program for all students. This scholarship covers the following:
- Monthly Allowance (almost 1100-1200 Euros monthly)
- Free tuition fee
- Traveling allowance
- An international Airfare Tickets
- Travel allowance from one country to another when your semester will be finished.
- With this scholarship, they are no bond restrictions to return to the country.
- The job visa is granted after the Msc/PhD. The degree to work in Europe after the degree.
- This scholarship can be likened to the Fullbright of Europe. With tons of benefits, you have to deeply consider this opportunity.
There are over 100 courses that are offered by the Erasmus Mundus scholarship program, these courses range from:
- Computer science
- Business, Economics
- Social Sciences
What is Not Required for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
- Students that are awaiting their results can also apply.
- GRE is not also required in any program offered by this scholarship.
- You don’t need to contact any professor
- The student does not need to have any work experience.
- People that have up to 16 years of education can apply as well.
- When it comes to this scholarship, the is no age restrictions.
- People with CGPA that is between 2.5 to 3.0 has been previously selected, so regardless of what you graduated with, you can take a chance on this scholarship.
Eligibility for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Students from all over the world that actually have a first degree are very much eligible for this prestigious scholarship.
The European Union actually distinguishes between scholarships for Erasmus plus partner country nationals and also for Erasmus Plus program country nationals. The countries that are associated with the program are usually called EU members states and third countries associated with the program, those that are not associated are being called third countries, and are not associated with the program.
According to the EU, the partner country student are actually students that is neither resident nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training, and work) for more than 12 months over the last 5 years in the Erasmus plus program country.
Applicants that have more than one nationality may as well choose under which category they want to apply (Erasmus plus program country or partner country)
Students that have previously been awarded this prestigious scholarship are not actually allowed to study in their home country. To summarize it all, these are the lists of the general eligibility:
- 16 years of education (last year/semester students can as well apply for this scholarship if they are expecting their undergraduate degrees, although we will recommend that you check the website of specific programs and you can as well email the coordinators to confirm this).
- You need a passport as an identity document to actually apply, so to move on in applying for this scholarship, keep the passport ready. Keep in mind that the opening of the applications and the deadlines to actually apply varies from program to program.
Selection for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
The selection for the Erasmus Mundus is actually based on the predefined country slot (this implies that not more than three students that is selected should hold the same nationality)
On the basis, the Erasmus Mundus consortium study purposes and selection committee actually ranks applicants of this scholarship and submit to the European Commission. The selection committee actually ranks the application based on merit, together with the additional criteria according to the defined quota of the particular country, the ranking is done based on the following criteria:
- Academic Excellence
- An academic potential
- Language levels and it correspondence skills
- Quality/recognition of home institution that actually awarded the first degree
- Motivational letter
- Professional qualifications
There you have it about the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, like earlier stated; this scholarship is regarded as one of the very best. To get more information about this scholarship, we will suggest that you visit their official website.
This will help guide your decision process. Can you get rejected by this scholarship? Well, the obvious answer is, you can never tell, take the chance and apply today.