Do you actually have an ambition of becoming a leader within your chosen field of expertise, contributing to global sustainable development? If your answer is yes, then you might be very much interested in this scholarship program. The Global Professional is a highly sought-after and fully funded international scholarship program for candidates that intend to do their masters in Sweden.
What is the Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals?
The Swedish International scholarship for global professional aim at developing future global leaders that will help in contributing to the United Nations Agenda for Sustainable Development and also helps in contribute to the positive and sustainable development in their respective home countries and regions.
The Swedish Institute helps in granting about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
This scholarship is actually funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. These scholarships help in offering it students a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically. Also, it helps them to experience Swedish society and culture. And to build a relationship that is long-lasting with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
What the Swedish Institute Scholarship is looking for?
The Swedish International Scholarship is actually in search of ambitious professionals that are ready and willing to make a difference by working with issues that will help in contributing to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region.
We will advise that applicants should have a very clear idea of how this scholarship program in Sweden would benefit both their home country and region.
MUST-READ: Apply For Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship
When it comes to this scholarship, priority is usually given to applicants with a strong and very relevant professional background that has demonstrated leadership experience.
What is Included in this Scholarship?
This scholarship is actually intended for a full-time one-year or two years master’s program. This scholarship isn’t subject to change or be extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it actually be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
What the Swedish International Scholarship offer
- Full tuition fee: This fee is been paid directly by the SI to your Swedish university at the start of each year.
- A monthly allowance of SEK 10,000 will cover your living expenses throughout your study period.
Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for the Future Global Professionals: This is a platform that will help it students grow professionally and also build a network while in Sweden.
- Once your scholarship period has actually ended, you will automatically become a member of the Swedish Institute Alumni Network. As a member of this network, you will get the chance for continued networking and professional development. The local network actually operates worldwide and currently consists of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
The scholarship doesn’t cover the following:
1. Additional grants for a family member.
2. Application fee to the University Admission.
Criteria for the Swedish Institute Scholarship
- Country of citizenship: Applicant must actually be a citizen of the country that is actually eligible for the scholarship.
- University Admission: You must be very much liable to pay tuition fees to the Swedish Universities; the applicant must have followed the steps of the University admission to one of the eligible master’s programs.
- Work Experience: Applicant must have obtained a minimum of about 3,000 hours if demonstrated work experience.
- Leadership Experience: Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience in their country of residence, or from their previous employment or from civil society engagement. They must have been in the position of leadership and must have also exhibited this leadership one way or the other.
- Masters Program: The master’s program that the candidate is applying for must be very much eligible for the Swedish International scholarship. When it comes to this scholarship, it should be noted that priorities are usually given to the program that are within subject areas, and this depends on the candidates’ country of citizenship.
Other eligibility criteria:
Regardless of the aforementioned eligibility, a candidate is NOT eligible for the Swedish International scholarship for Global Professional if the candidate:
- Has already resided in Sweden for a cumulative of two years or even more, prior to the scholarship period.
- The candidate has previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for a master’s level study either for studies or research at the Swedish University College. The previous participant of the SI Summer
- Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) and students who have also attended the SI summer courses in the Swedish Institute may actually still apply.
- If the candidate already holds a degree from a Swedish university.
- The candidate is currently enrolled in a study program at any of the Swedish universities.
- Candidate has Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship.
- Also if the candidate actually has dual citizenship that isn’t listed in the DAC list or that of the ODA recipient.
Required Document for the Swedish International Scholarship
The Swedish scholarship doesn’t actually consider any other document other than the required ones. The applicant must have used the form that is provided by the Swedish Institute and must have also completed their application in the English language, if this isn’t done, the application will not actually be considered any further.
The complete application will consist of the following;
- Letter of reference
- A valid and completed proof of both work and leadership experience.
- Note that, if any of the aforementioned lists are not in your application, then your application will be disqualified.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Applicants are advised to use the Swedish institute form for their CV and the CV should not actually exceed three pages. It is actually up to you, the candidate to decide which of your previous experience are relevant enough for your application, additional pages are not usually considered during the evaluation.
Letter of Reference
Applicants are advised to actually use the Swedish institute form for their letter of reference. All the letters of reference must be signed by the referee. Also, be stamped with an official stamp of the referee organization or any notary office.